Monday, September 28, 2009

My class presentation - this week


For my independent project, researching a digital tool, I have chosen to learn more about the integrated library system (ILS) CyberTools for Libraries. An ILS is an electronic system that combines various functions of a library: cataloging, circulation, reports, serials, and others, depending on the system. I use Cybertools at my job as a cataloger at one of the local libraries. In this work, I have dappled with the cataloging component of CyberTools.

I'll be presenting this library tool in class this week! As it is early in the semester, I don't yet have much of my own primary research compiled. Instead, I will be talking about my personal knowledge in working with the program. I will also mention some of the insights my supervisor had when she and I discussed her experience using CyberTools.

No comments:

Post a Comment